Gimme kiss, babies.
edited by me
examples: the miniaturizing potion that alice drinks from alice’s adventures in wonderland, the sleeping draught that the demons drink from 鬼キラー頼光 (raiko slays the demons), the healing elixir that the king drinks from das wasser des lebens (the water of life)
a potion is a consumable medicine or poison. in mythology and literature, a potion is usually made by a magician, sorcerer, dragon, fairy, or witch and has magical properties. it might be used to heal, bewitch, or poison people.
for example, love potions make a person fall in love (or become deeply infatuated) with another [e.g. tristan and iseult]. sleeping potions cause a person to fall asleep; in fairy tales, this can range from normal sleep to a deathlike trance [e.g. an dubh tarbh de norroway (the black bull of norroway); østenfor sol og vestenfor månen (east o’ the sun and west o’ the moon)]. elixirs heal/cure any wound/malady [e.g. הנסיכה השותקת (the mute princess); the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe].
in modern fantasy, potions are often portrayed as spells in bottled liquid form, capable of causing a variety of effects, including healing, amnesia, infatuation, transformation [e.g. den lille havfrue (the little mermaid); tale of taliesin], invisibility, and invulnerability.
post 837 of an infinity-part series
Disney’s Frozen + Hans Christian Andersen’s The Snow Queen
- Snow White was strong. She went through years of emotional abuse, but always stayed positive and gave hope to others.
- Cinderella was strengthened. She was put down day after day by her Step-Sisters and Step-Mother, but she got through it all by believing that she would have her happily ever after.
- Aurora was gracious. She did anything the fairies ever asked her to, because she knew how good they were to her.
- Ariel was adventurous. Even before she met Eric, she knew that someday, somehow she was going to see the world above.
- Belle was bold. She was not afraid to stand out of the crowd or to not follow all of the Beast’s commands.
- Jasmine was independent. She wasn’t pleased with the palace life and an arranged marriage, so she fled to the marketplace.
- Pocahontas was understanding. She bridged the gap between her tribe and the settlers.
- Mulan was mindful. She was always paying attention to others emotions and her dangerous surroundings.
- Tiana was patient. She spent years working double shifts so she could finally achieve her and her father’s dream.
- Rapunzel was diligent. She always put out an effort to get to the lights, and stayed positive while doing so.